3rd Martens Summer School on International Law
Location: University of Tartu, Pärnu College (Ringi 35, Pärnu, Estonia)
Time: July 27 - August 1, 2014
Topic: Comparative aspects of international law and human rights, particularly focusing on the issues related to Russia and Eastern Europe
Lecturers and topics:
- Professor Erik Franckx (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) "The Soviet and Russian Approaches to the Law of the Sea”
- Professor Vera Rusinova (Higher School of Economics, Moscow), "The Interrelationship between Human Rights Law and Humanitarian Law"
- Professor William B. Simons (University of Tartu), "Public and Private: Fundamental Rights and Property. Where is Russia?”
- Professor emeritus Christian Tomuschat (Humboldt University Berlin); Member of the Institut de droit international, "Are Human Rights Universal? Perspectives from Theory and Practice of International Law"
- The Annual Lecture was held by Professor Lauri Mälksoo (University of Tartu) on the topic of “Russian Approaches to International Law”.