7th Martens Summer School on International Law
Location: University of Tartu, Pärnu College (Ringi 35, Pärnu, Estonia)
Time: July 23 - July 27, 2018
Topic: International comparative law and international law related to the UN in connection with Estonia’s candidacy to the UN Security Council
Participants: 26 students from Estonia, Russia, USA, Ukraine, Vietnam, UK, Canada, The Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Mongolia and The Republic of Kazakhstan.
Lecturers and Topics
- Gleb Bogush, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Law of Moscow State University
"International Criminal Court and the Definitions of Core Crimes in International Law"
- Nico Schrijver, Council of State, the Netherlands; Professor of International Law at the University of Leiden
"United Nations Security Council and the Regulation of the Use of Force in International Law"
- Erika de Wet, Professor of International Constitutional Law at the University of Pretoria, South Africa
"Intervention by Invitation: International Law and Practice"
- Rüdiger Wolfrum, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law (Heidelberg)
"UN Security Council's Decisions Affecting Individuals: Construction, Limits and Judicial Control”
- The Annual Public Lecture was held by Margus Kolga (Estonian MFA; former Estonian Ambassador at the UN)
"United Nations Security Council and Small States"